Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hump Day Music: One Final Effort

Usually I like to tie in the music I highlight on Hump Day Music with what I am currently playing or a big piece of news.  It is just a coincidence that I thought of highlighting what is commonly known as Halo's theme just a week after Microsoft announced Halo 4's release date of November 6th this year.  My little brother is going to love me for this one, seeing his a huge fan of the original Halo trilogy.  This week on Hump Day Music, I share with you my favourite thing about Halo, One Final Effort.

Personally, I have never been a huge fan of first-person perspective in games other than for Metroid Prime and Half-Life, a lot due to those games' amazing atmospheres and the fact you are rarely taken out of that first-person perspective.  I have always enjoyed playing Halo with friends from time to time as it is actually a pretty fun party game, but nothing more than that.  I have played a bit of Halo 2, ODST and Reach, but the only one I have completed is Halo 3.  Funny enough, my favourite version of One Final Effort comes from Halo 3.  This amazing orchestrated piece of video game music really accentuates Halo's gameplay.  One Final Effort makes you feel like you are in a superhero that nothing can stand in your way.  Every moment you hear it play throughout Halo 3, especially in the final mission, you feel like a champ.  This piece of music is an example why Halo's music is held in such high regard by both the gaming industry and gaming community.  It will be nice to hear how Halo's new audio director, Sotora Tojima, interprets this Marty O'Donnell's classic gaming theme for Halo 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment