Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bit by Bit: April 8-14

Another week, another recap.  Been another busy week for me with everything going on.  Did not get as much gaming as I wanted to.  Also my rechargeable battery for my Wii lost all of its charge before I even got a chance to use it tonight when I wanted to play my Wii, so I am a little annoyed to say the least.  If everything works out, I will hopefully spend more time playing this coming week.

Game of the Week
With Kid Icarus: Uprising finished (check out the review posted earlier today), I have now moved from my 3DS to my Wii to play Nintendo and Monolith Soft's epic RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles.  While I have been working on the game for a week now, I am only eight hours in.  Like I said, I have been busy.  Most of my time with Xenoblade so far has been completing the game's incredible amount of side quests.  Ranging from kill a certain enemy to collect a certain item to simple fetch quests, these quests are not as extravagant as those found in a Western RPG like Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim, but I find them just as fun.  It always feels like you are accomplishing something in the game no matter how small.  Also the Xenoblade's world is awe-inspiringly huge.  From the very outset of the game, you can explore as much of the opening area as you want.  In a smart move, you receive experience points for completing side quests and discovering new areas and landmarks, which will gives players the incentive to explore every corner of Bionis.  I have not even gotten to the combat and the story yet, which are both great.  The story  is really good and the opening offers one twist that left me in utter disbelief.  The real-time combat does take a bit to get used to all its intricacies.  Once you get the hang of it, the combat becomes almost second nature.  I have to thank Nintendo for bringing Xenoblade Chronicles to North America.  Now Wii owners need to do their part and pick buy this game immediately, it is that damn good.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
When Pokemon Black and White 2 were announced earlier this year, some thought it would be a rehash of Black and White with a few additions much like every third entry in a Pokemon Generation.  The first trailer and screenshots went live today and Nintendo and GameFreak look to be making two Pokemon games worthy of being the sequels to possibly the best Pokemon games out there.  Black and White 2 take place in the Unova region, but is set two years after the events of the originals.  Thanks to the legendary ice Pokemon Kyurem, a good chuck of the Unova region is frozen in ice, while other areas have been altered as well.  You will play as one of two new protagonists with a whole new rival to battle and a new professor to set you on your way.  Black and White 2 also features new cities and new gym leaders.  So far Black and White 2 look to be full-on sequels to the excellent Pokemon Black and White, which is making me excited.  I still want to see more from these games.  If it is more like what Nintendo and Game Freak have already shown, I will be getting this game when it releases this fall.


Video of the Week
This past Tuesday saw a whole lot of media coverage on Capcom's Captivate event go live.  One of the pieces of media coverage was the updated release date for Resident Evil 6, now October 2nd, along with a new trailer.  The newest trailer is just as epic as the first.  It documents the new C-Virus, reveals the new protagonist along with Chris and Leon to be Wesker's son, Jack Muller, has a woman that highly resembles Ada Wong and ends with a standoff between Leon and Chris.  Man, the more Capcom shows of Resident Evil 6 the better.  This games looks to shaping up to be one of the biggest releases of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment