Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bit by Bit: April 1-7

Happy Easter to all and to those who do not celebrate this holiday, happy long weekend!  In between work, church, family get togethers and blogging, there will be little time for me to play games.  I only got to playing Xenoblade Chronicles, which I picked up on Thursday, today.  Not that it is a bad thing, I am just a normally busy guy.  With the considerable lack of big games releasing this month, you will see the amount of Launch Stations cut in half.  There will still be one Launch Station a week until things start to pick up again.  Now let us get down to the bests of the week.

Game of the Week
Much like last week, I sunk all my time gaming into Kid Icarus: Uprising.  This week I got sucked into Uprising's amazing story mode.  The constant back-and-forth between Pit and the other characters in the game is extremely entertaining and made me laugh many times through the lengthy story.  The dialogue does an excellent job of breaking the fourth wall and parodying other genres of entertainment such as anime on a regular basis that it will be hard not to crack a smile.  While the story feels much like that from a Saturday morning cartoon, it offers some great twists and turns that will have players glued to their 3DS much like I did.  Even though I completed Uprising, I will be keep coming back to it as I want to play each level on higher intensities, collect more weapons and powers and unlock more achievements.  Kid Icarus: Uprising is among some of my favourite games for the 3DS and deserves the honour of being my Game of the Week for the second week in a row.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
Funny how Pit has a repeat showing as Game of the Week.  Well our beloved blue hedgehog is back as my Most Anticipated Game of the Week for the second week in a row as well.  This time not for the Sonic 2 HD fan project, but for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II.  With a release date and new trailer, my excitement for Sonic 4: Episode II is at an all-time high.  Sega looks to have created a game that adds to the great groundwork they made in Episode I (yes, I liked Episode I, chill out crazy Sonic fanboys).  I am really looking forward to how the levels optimize using both Sonic and Tails together to overcome unique obstacles.  Also the inclusion of Episode Metal, where you can play as Metal Sonic in four exclusive levels, for those who already own Episode I is amazing.  Cannot wait to play it.  Hopefully it comes to Wii U.

Video of the Week
Speaking of Sonic 4: Episode II, my Video of the Week goes to new trailer Sega just released for the game.  This exciting trailer gives fans such as yours truly a great glimpse at the co-operative action between Sonic and Tails in a new level that looks to be a cross between Oil Ocean from Sonic 2 and Sandopolis from Sonic & Knuckles.  The trailer also reveals Episode Metal, which I explained above.  So sit and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment