Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bit by Bit: April 15-21

Between my two jobs, I am going to be extremely busy this coming week as I am working my shifts along with my fellow co-worker's shifts, who is alway this coming week.  With how busy I will be, I probably have only enough time to write posts for this blog in the coming week.  So my time spent gaming will drop to dangerously low levels, but hopefully I can squeeze in some time here and there.

Game of the Week
Considering I spent the most time with it this week, Xenoblade Chronicles is my Game of the Week for the second week in a row.  Now I am about 19 hours into the game and have completed a great number of story and side quests, but still feel that I have yet to scratch the surface of this RPG of epic proportions. The story is getting very intriguing as I have continue to trek across the body of the Bionis.  The world is incredibly, beautiful, vast and bursting with life be it plant-life, animal-life or Hom-life.  I really am enjoying the huge exploration aspect of Xenoblade as I scour ever corner to find new items to collect, new things to interact with, new side quests to complete and new monsters to slay.  I will say that the lip syncing in the game is pretty bad, but can be easily overlooked.  Also I am hoping more characters are able to learn more Healing Arts as right now I have only one medic and it kind of limits my party because that leaves only one spot to switch out party members.  Other than those little quips, I am enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles a lot and hoping to play it more in the few chances I may get this coming week.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
Nothing really jumped out at me this week until Nintendo had their Nintendo Direct conference yesterday.  At the conference, Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, announced a new update for the 3DS, a Kirby compilation for the Wii to celebrate Kirby's 20th Anniversary (now where's Metroid's 25th anniversary celebration?) and a surprise nobody saw coming.  This surprise is my Most Anticipated Game of the Week and it is New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS.  Officially announced for this August, all Nintendo showed of the game was a few screenshots, but that is enough to get this gamer excited.  Will most definitely be picking up New Super Mario Bros. 2 when it comes out this August.  Nintendo, how you spoil us.

Video of the Week
If you have not noticed, I have been really high on Xenoblade Chronicles as I think it is a great game that hardcore Wii owners should go out and support.  If people are looking for a review to watch as you wait for my eventual review once I complete the game, check out Pro Jared's video review on Screwattack.  Screwattack's reviews are very fair and informative.  While I do look at multiple reviews, I really enjoy hearing what they think about certain games.  So I hope this review helps those who may still be on the edge about Xenoblade Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment