Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bit by Bit: April 22-28

Much like I expected this week was more or less a write off gaming-wise.  Other than picking up quite a few games for cheap this week, I have not played a game since Wednesday.  Not like I have not attempted to.  I have actually tried playing a couple today, but the stars did not align for me.  Hopefully with things not being as busy as this past week I will be able to play more games this coming week.

Game of the Week
Well Xenoblade Chronicles has been dethroned.  Why?  Because I did not have enough time to sit down and play it for this entire week.  Instead I stuck to games I can play in smaller chunks.  As a result my Game of the Week goes to 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, which I picked up the over a week ago.  I have only played the original Kid Icarus once a long while ago and I cannot remember much of anything about it.  After playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, I had an urge to play Uprising's predecessors.  While Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters still has not been released for the eShop, I was left with the original and I am not disappointed.  When I first started out Kid Icarus, I died a lot and found the experience to be a little grating.  After some time with Kid Icarus, I started getting a hang of things and found that the platforming was great and the shooting was great.  I am not that far into Kid Icarus, but when I get a chance to play for 10 to 20 minutes, I find it is hard to put down.  It is a great download for the 3DS and must-own for those who enjoyed Uprising.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
Got some big announcements this week ranging from Pikmin 2 finally coming to Wii to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3.  No announcement was bigger than the leaked trailer for Ubisoft's sequel to Rayman Origins and for the Wii U no less.  Rayman Legends, even in such an early state, looks to be a worthy successor to the platforming masterpiece which was Rayman Origins.  From the trailer, it looks like Ubisoft made a significant update to their UbiArt Engine for the first game as the beautiful 2D graphics look to be even better than the first.  Also the game looks to have some Wii U exclusive features such as using the tablet controller to interact with the environment and even scan in certain figures like a heart or a rabbid.  Take a look for yourself and see why this game has shot up my list of highly anticipated games for the Wii U.


Videos of the Week
Screwattack and the Game OverThinker strike again with two great videos that deserve to share this award.  From Screwattack is their Top 10 Franchises that Should Die and from the Game OverThinker is AfterMass, his look at the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy in the light of the DLC announcement.  Both videos deserve to be watched by gamers everywhere for both personal enjoyment and to get you thinking and discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment