Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bit by Bit: March 25-31

This week was pretty nice as it was not as busy as the previous months.  Being that the cold reality of early spring has set in, I have not had to work much of my one seasonal job.  That has meant more time to write.  As game releases slow down to almost a crawl, this next week will be interesting.  All I know for sure is that you will see two Launch Stations, one on Star Wars Kinect and one on Xenoblade Chronicles, this coming week.  Before we head right into the week in front of us, let us take a look at the best of the week that was.

Game of the Week
Everyday this past week, there has been one game that I have been playing non-stop.  Making my way through the lengthy single-player mode, playing some online multi-player, collecting tons of weapons, powers and idols and looking at the various achievements I have unlocked.  Yes, Kid Icarus: Uprising has completely sunk it's teeth into me.  It has not left my 3DS since last Sunday.  Also I have barely touched Monter Tale, which I bought with Kid Icarus.  It is a shame because Monster Tale is a good game.  Sorry, Kid Icarus: Uprising has sucked me in thus making it my Game of the Week.  The single-player mode is great.  When you think you have Kid Icarus' single-player beat, Project Sora throws one hell of a curveball that made me smile ear to ear.  This moment could quite possibly go down as one of my favourite gaming moments of 2012.  While the single-player is great, the multi-player is no slouch either.  Nintendo has hit it out of the park yet again with the online multi-player for another first-party 3DS exclusive.  Uprising's multi-player is crazy, but oddly addictive.  You way die a lot when you first start out.  Once you play a few matches, you will start to get the hang of all the fireworks that goes on in Kid Icarus: Uprising's multi-player modes.  The control scheme will take some getting use to, but it is not unplayable like some reviewers have said it is.  Long sessions may cause your fingers to cramp, but I had no huge problems with the controls.  If you own a 3DS and are a huge Nintendo fan, there is no reason for you not to pick up Kid Icarus: Uprising.  It is just that great.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
Well my Most Anticipated Game from last week turned out to be not what everyone had speculated.  Instead of a Final Fantasy game, Square Enix announced a Japan-only game for the web browser called Crystal Conquest.  Were we ever wrong.  This week I am not going to get excited over wild Internet speculation.  I am excited about a little free independent fan project.  This little independent project is Sonic the Hedgehog 2 HD!!!  Considering that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favourite game of all-time (I am a huge Sonic fan if you have not noticed by now), I have been really excited for this project for quite sometime.  The special thing about this week was that the great developers working on this project just released the Alpha for this game.  Just one level long, you can now experience finally experience Sonic 2 in gorgeous HD graphics and see why I am very excited for the final product when it eventually releases.  If you want to download the Alpha, just go to s2hd.com.

Video of the Week
If you have been following Silver Bit for a while now, you know I enjoy everything Screwattack produces.  They have a little show called Death Battle, which pits two or more beloved characters in an all out fight to the death.  There have been some excellent bouts in the past such as Mario vs. Sonic, Goomba vs. Koopa and even Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash.  The newest episode dropped this last week and saw Nintendo's two iconic princesses square off in a very intense fight.  Zelda vs. Peach, watch the video to see who wins this epic confrontation.

No comments:

Post a Comment