Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day Music: Wind Waker Unplugged

Popped into EB Games today to find a good stack of Gamecube games just traded in.  As an avid collector of great Nintendo games, I had already had most of them, but two caught my eye.  They were The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, which I have only come across once before and made the stupid mistake of not grabbing it when I had my chance, and Luigi's Mansion, a game I rented years ago and just did not enjoy, but at the price of 5 dollars would try again to see if younger me was wrong.  So I made sure that before I left that store I had bought both of these hard to find Gamecube games.  What got me though was all the nostalgic feelings remembering my times with that small purple cube I got after buying Four Swords Adventure and Luigi's Mansion.  The Nintendo Gamecube was the first game console I bought on my own and also was host to some of my favourite games I own such as Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.  As a tribute to my fond memories of the Gamecube, I wanted to share one of the best pieces of music to grace, in my humble opinion, Nintendo's most underrated console.

The song that I will share with you guys as apart of this edition of Hump Day Music is from an independent musician from Sweden known as FreddeGredde.  As a Christmas project, FreddeGredde combined a bunch of tracks from the soundtrack for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker along with one or two from other Zelda games to create an excellent medley he called Wind Waker Unplugged.  The Legend of Zelda among many other things is known for its beautiful music, which varies in genre and sound from game to game.  From what I remembered, Wind Waker's music was a little more joyous, bright and happy, which went hand-in-hand with the bright and cartoon-like cel-shaded graphics.  Listening to this medley brings up my times of sailing across the huge ocean that made up this new Hyrule en route to a new island just in the distant for me as Link to explore.  Great times, great game and a great medley.  So do not forget to watch the video below to listen to this beautiful music.

No comments:

Post a Comment