Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bit by Bit: January 22-28

Yesterday was a busy day for me with work and such.  As I could not think of something to write for yesterday, I decide to put up two posts this weekend to make up for not posting yesterday.  Compared to the last week, I spent a little more time gaming.  As I do not have much more to say in this paragraph, let us take a look at the bests of the week.

Game of the Week
Like last week, most of my time was spent playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.  When you get into the story, gameplay and collecting djinn and other summons, you will not want to put it down.  I also played Groove Coaster and Run Roo Run on my iPad, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure and Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube, Kirby's Dream Land on my 3DS and Rayman Origins for Wii.  It is hard to pick one Game of the Week as I enjoyed playing all of them, but I was most impressed with Four Swords Adventure.  After playing the free Four Swords 25th Anniversary Edition, I was a little disappointed in the single-player as it left something to be desired.  The game was meant to be played with multiple people and I felt that Four Swords Adventure would be the same.  Other than the fact that you can only play multi-player by using multiple Game Boy Advance systems and Nintendo Gamecube GBA cables, I was very impressed with Four Swords Adventure single-player.  You will definitely get the most out of the game by playing with others, but single-player is just as good.  Controlling all four Links by arranging them in different formations to solve simplistic puzzles and defeat huge amounts of enemies is very satisfying.  While playing, Four Swords Adventure reminded me of a Link to the Past.  I think that was due to overhead perspective both games share.  One day, I will gather four people together all with Game Boy Advance systems and Nintendo Gamecube GBA cables and I will experience how great the multi-player for Four Swords Adventure is.  For right now, the single-player is impressive enough to warrant it my Game of the Week.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
I enjoy rumours of upcoming games and systems like anybody else, but I do not like to report on them until something is actually announced.  I cannot help for this rumour.  It is rumoured that Rocksteady, the studio behind Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, are working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U.  It is suppose to be a darker take on the turtles with a half-shell, but still have some of the humour the cartoons and movies have been known for.  You will be able to play as Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello in the main game, but you will also be able to play as Master Splinter during flashback sequences.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis, the alleged name for the game, will run off of the engine used for Arkham City.  Considering how great Rocksteady's Batman games were, I am looking forward to see how they tackle the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if this rumour turns out to be true.

Video of the Week
Created by using Portal 2 assets, one fan put together a Portal-style remake of "This Is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas called "This Is Aperture".  It is very haunting music video that hits all the right notes about the craziness that goes on at Aperture Science.  Nothing I say will do this video justice.  Just watch it and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment