Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bit by Bit: January 1-7

Well it is only the beginning of a brand new year.  We will just have to see how it turns out for all of us.  So far things have calmed down a lot from the last two hectic months.  It is nice to see things calm down a bit now in January.  After two weeks of condensed editions of Bit by Bit, I have a full order for everybody to enjoy today.  So let us get rolling.

Game of the Week
Well last week when I said I thought I was halfway through Arkham Asylum, I was so very wrong.  I was at the end of the game and it sure as hell did not feel like it.  If you want my full thoughts on Arkham Asylum check out the review I posted yesterday.  At least with Arkham Asylum in the books, I spent most of this week playing Arkham City.  And it does wonders to improve my big complaints with Arkham City.  I have been playing the game for the past week and I am only 14% through the game.  In comparison, around this time last week I was around 55% through Arkham Asylum (that number includes the story and all collectibles).  So Arkham City's length is perfect and the amount of side quests to keep one occupied are outstanding.  I have spent more time exploring Arkham City, collecting Riddler trophies, completing side quests and beating up random street thugs than I have actually completing the main story.  Arkham City really makes you feel like Batman and it also improves upon Arkham Asylum's flaws.  It is truly one of the best games of last year and I hope to sink my teeth much further into this wonderful game for the coming weeks and possibly months.  Batman: Arkham City is my Game of the Week.

Most Anticipated Event of the Week
I want to do something a little bit different this week as there wasn't a game that caught my eye this week.  I want to highlight an event that was announced this week.  On Thursday, I received an e-mail from Nintendo about new tour stops for their Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess tour and to my pleasure, the symphony will be making a stop in Toronto this coming September.  Yes, it is just over nine months away, but the fact that this amazing event celebrating the music from one of my favourite gaming franchises will be only a hour away from where I live and I cannot wait.  Tickets for the event go on sale March 31st so I am hoping to a hold of some for myself and possibly some of my family members to go and enjoy some beautiful music from a live orchestra.

Video of the Week
This week I stumbled across a video that made my jaw drop.  One very talented individual redid the intro for Mega Man 2 with stunningly beautiful HD assets and old school Mega Man 7 sprites.  Combined with one great remix of the intro music by Project X, we have one excellent video and a tribute that will make any old school video game and Mega Man fan smile ear to ear.  This video makes me want to see Capcom release an HD version of Mega Man II or make Mega Man 11 with this style of visuals.  All I and a lot of fans want is just another Mega Man game, Capcom.  Hopefully you see this video and see that there is a very loyal fanbase to the Blue Bomber that you are sadly neglecting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment