Friday, January 20, 2012

Demo Impressions: Asura's Wrath

During my last edition of the tentative Demo Impressions, I said I wanted you guys to come up with a better name for this recurring article as my creative juices cannot think of a cool title.  So far I have received two really good suggestions, but I would like to hear some more before I make a final decision.  If you want to give me a suggestion, comment on my demo impressions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 from this past Tuesday.  While on the PSN store to download the Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo, I saw a demo for Capcom and CyberConnect2's upcoming action game, Asura's Wrath.  I have read a few previews and had been mildly interested in trying this unique game so I downloaded it as well.

The demo for Asura's Wrath offers two chapters of the game for you to enjoy.  These chapters play out much like episodes from an anime series complete with "To Be Continued" cliffhanger to end each chapter.  The two chapters you get to play in this demo are two big boss battles with the two of the Gods who betrayed Asura at the beginning of the game.  These two boss battles demonstrate a lot of the mechanics that govern this game.  The one impression that stood clear in my mind throughout the whole time I was playing Asura's Wrath was this game is absolutely insane!  That and my figures were pretty sore after repeatedly mashing on the face buttons of the PS3 controller.  This game will certainly cause you to break one or two controllers in the process of playing.  I honestly cannot put what I witnessed playing the Asura's Wrath into words because you will have to see it to believe this level of insanity.  From fighting your former master on the face of the moon to almost getting crushed by planet-sized figure, the action is so insane that you just have to either watch gameplay footage or play it yourself to truly understand how crazy this game is.  While Asura's Wrath is crazy, it is the most fun with a demo I had in a long time.  The bit-sized five to ten minute chapters are packed with loads of action like other beat-em ups and some great use of quick-time events to keep the player engaged.  I hope in that there are plenty of chapters in the final product as if all the chapters are five to ten minutes, Asura's Wrath will be a very short game especially for 60 dollars.  This demo did its job perfectly as it  Asura's Wrath on my radar for games to look out for in early 2012.  If you can, make sure you can try to demo for Asura's Wrath.  You will definitely love the craziness this exudes.  Just don't mash on those buttons too hard.  It would be sad if you were to break your controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment