Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hump Day Music: Sonic CD Title Screen

In honour of Sega finally bringing many classic Sonic soundtracks to iTunes, I decided to highlight a classic track from the ever amazing Sonic CD.  Sadly these soundtracks are currently available in the US at the moment and not in Canada, so I cannot pick any of them up.  Hopefully they are released in the Canadian iTunes Store very soon, but I digress.

Sonic CD has many great pieces of video game music from both soundtracks (the North American soundtrack and the Japanese/European soundtrack).  My two favourites can both be found on the title screen.  While I would love to be talking about Sonic Boom, I will save that track for another edition of Hump Day Music.  I want to highlight a track that few North American Sonic fans have actually heard before the re-release of Sonic CD late last year.  It is Sonic CD's title screen theme from the Japanese/European soundtrack.  Quite possibly my favourite title screen theme of all-time, it is incredibly upbeat and infectious.  I cannot help but smile whenever I hear it.  This music really brightens up your day and gets you bouncing around to the beat.  I could easily listen to it for hours on loop as it serves as great background music while I am working.  The Sonic CD Title Screen music is an underrated piece of video game music that should be listened to.  Give it a chance, I guarantee you will crack a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment