Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bit by Bit: May 13-19

It took a little over a week, but I have finally caught up with a solid six blog posts this week, not including today's post.  As things get more busier with work, managing two blogs, preparing to go to university this Fall, the less time I have to spend playing games.  With all the DVD sets I picked up the last two weeks, I have spent a good amount of my free time watching them over playing games as it is pretty hard to balance the two at once.  If you thought last week was busy game release wise, this Tuesday sees the release of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Dragon's Dogma and Sorcery so expect another week full of Launch Stations here on Silver Bit.

DVD of the Week
Even though I bought The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings Enhanced Edition, Devil May Cry 4 Collector's  Edition both for the Xbox 360 and Super Crossfire HD for my iPad, I sadly did not play a whole lot of video games this past week.  Spent a lot of my time watching Chuck Season 5 on DVD, Caprica Season 1.0 on DVD and my DVD of the Week, WrestleMania 28.  As I said last week, buying WrestleMania on DVD each year has become a tradition for yours truly.  While not the greatest wrestling pay-per view of all-time, WrestleMania 28 was a really good show that well justified the 25 dollars I bought it for.  The top three matches delivered in spades, while the rest of the card was either hit or miss.  Overall, WrestleMania 28 is a fairly entertaining pay-per view that wrestling fans should definitely pick up especially for the great 25 dollar price point at Wal-Mart.

Most Anticipated Game of Week
This week's most anticipated game goes to the re-release of Pikmin 2 as part of Nintendo's New Play Control series for the Wii.  Coming out on June 10th, which is a few short weeks away, Pikmin 2 for Wii should be a game to fly under most gamers' radars especially considering how Nintendo has not done much to promote it other than the announcement article in the last issue of Nintendo Power.  Considering I was naive enough to skip out on Pikmin 1 & 2 when they originally released for the Gamecube, this re-release is a great opportunity to get ahold of at least one Pikmin game that I been looking for.  Hopefully Nintendo will re-release the New Play Control version of the first Pikmin so this gamer can complete the collection.

Video of the Week
Not many videos stood out to me this week apart from the launch trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II.  While it is getting okay reviews from critics, I am still looking forward to picking it sometime.  Hopefully it will come to Wii U when that system launches later this year.  It looks like great Sonic platforming and that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment