Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bit by Bit: April 29-May 5

I am so sorry for not putting up a post yesterday.  It seems my extreme busyness has finally caught up to my blog.  I am not going to scramble together a rushed post in order to fill the void.  Maybe I will do another edition of Hump Day Video to accompany Wednesday's Hump Day Music post this coming week.  We will have to see, but I ensure that I will find a way to make-up for not posting anything yesterday.  Without further ado, let us look at the best of the week.

Game of the Week
It was another busy week.  In turn that sadly meant that I did not play a whole lot of video games.  I finally got my chance to play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit after having to deal with EA Customer Service in order to get my PSN ID associated with the correct Origin account.  Honestly how EA links your 360 Gamertag and PSN ID is extremely convoluted and makes changing it if it accidentally gets linked to another Origin incredibly annoying.  If EA allowed gamers to handle linking their accounts to Origin instead of automatically linking them once you play an EA game online, it would save so much time and money.  Enough of my little tangent.  All the annoyance was well worth the reward as Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a whole lot of fun.  It does take a few races to get the handles of Criterion's take on Need for Speed's high speed racing.  It does have some similarities to Criterion's amazing Burnout series, but Hot Pursuit feels more like a simulation racer than an arcady racer like Burnout.  Racing at high speeds and taking out other cars is a whole lot of fun.  At the moment, I find how you take turns and drifting to be a little on the stiff side.  The only thing I do not like about the game is the Interceptor event type.  They are a lot like Burnout's Burning Lap as you have to get the end of the track before a certain time, but you cannot touch the side of the track or any car because more time is added to the clock if you do.  For people just starting out with this game like myself, this event type is extremely frustrating because you have to be absolutely perfect to get the best rank.  Other than that one event type, I have really enjoyed my time with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and cannot wait to play more.  At 20 dollars, Hot Pursuit is a must buy for any racing enthusiast that is my Game of the Week.

Most Anticipated DVD of the Week
No games this week caught my eye.  The big announcements were Black Ops II (the trailer was so stupid, I laughed the whole time I was watching it) and The Elder Scrolls Online (the Elder Scrolls game which is more in line with a generic MMORPG than an actual Elder Scrolls game).  Both did absolutely nothing to excite this gamer.  More than any game, this week I am excited to get my hand on the DVD release of Chuck Season 5.  I was also excited for WWE WrestleMania 28, but I just found out that the Canadian release is delayed until next week, which is extremely annoying and depressing.  At least final season of Chuck will be available this Tuesday and tide me over until WrestleMania 28 releases on DVD the following week.

Video of the Week
The biggest movie this weekend is definitely The Avengers.  While I cannot wait to see it, I will be waiting a few weeks as I am pretty busy with work and such.  With The Avengers finally here, the crew at Screwattack decided to make their own parody for this week's Clip of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment