Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bit by Bit: May 20-26

It was another busy for yours truly and it will get more busy in the weeks ahead.  Got one Launch Station in Resistance: Burning Skies and a couple of posts to hype up E3, which is the following week, coming to the blog this week.  Before I get too ahead of myself, let us look back at the week that was.

Game of the Week
Seems I find something new to buy each week as I picked up Edge Extended for my iPad and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time both for the DS, which cost me a total of 19 dollars in total.  Not bad if I say so myself especially for Partners in Time as it is an incredibly rare and expensive game for the DS.  While all those games are fine and dandy, my Game of the Week goes to Super Crossfire HD for iOS.  This excellent arcade shooter is the perfect mix between Space Invaders and Geometry Wars.  Offering crazy explosions, tons of bullets to dodge, psychedelic music and multiple control schemes (I prefer the Arcade control scheme over the defaults).  The gameplay is incredibly compelling and fun.  An incredible pick-up for your iDevice that will offer hours of quality entertainment.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
Along with the release of the Arkham City Game of the Year Edition this coming Tuesday, comes the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, the epilogue of Arkham City.  Harley Quinn's Revenge is set a few weeks after the events of Arkham City's finale.  Looking into a disturbance in Arkham City, Batman is cornered by Harley and her goons and goes dark.  When Oracle does not hear back from Batman, she sends in Robin to infiltrate Harley's hideout, Batman's last known location, to find Gotham's Dark Knight.   For 10 dollars, Harley Quinn's Revenge will offer player 2 hours of gameplay and the interesting fallout of Arkham City's incredible yet somewhat controversial ending.  Personally I cannot wait to go back to one of my favourite games from last year.  For me more Arkham City is a good thing.

Video of the Week
Last weekend, Screwattack went down after problems popped up while they were updating the website.  So sadly there was no Clip of the Week and other content fro this incredible website.  To make up for that, the team over at Screwattack delivered fans a week packed with content like a new Newsroom, Mario Party 4 After Dark and this incredible Clip of the Week, which I am sharing with you today.  Chad stays late at work and decides to mix drugs and alcohol to supposedly make things go faster.  The result is not what he expects, but is absolutely hilarious to watch.  One of the best Clip of the Weeks in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment