Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bit by Bit: May 6-12

Man, it has been one busy weekend.  Good thing I posted Off the Newsstand before I worked on Friday because I have not had time to sit down and write since then.  In my busy schedule, I got a chance to play a few games this past week.  It should be another busy week ahead both at work and here at Silver Bit.  Tuesday will see Diablo III, Max Payne 3 and Game of Thrones all release and next Sunday Mario Tennis Open comes out so expect a lot of Launch Stations this coming week.

Game of the Week
Finally got a chance to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles again this week.  It was great to get back to working my way through this humongous game.  I want to beat it before The Last Story comes out so I can dedicate my free time to that big RPG.  While I did play some Xenoblade Chronicles this week, it is not my Game of the Week.  My Game of the Week goes to Rhythm Heaven for the DS, which I picked up for 10 dollars at Best Buy.  I have never been really interested in the Rhythm Heaven series, but when I saw it for 10 dollars I decided to give it a try.  It was well worth those 10 dollars.  It is a pretty fun collection of rhythm-based mini-games.  It is incredibly difficult, but with a little perseverance you will eventually get enough of the rhythm to pass the mini-game.  So far my favourite mini-game has to Built to Scale where you fling a pin to connect two square pieces.  It is fun game that you can play on the go and definitely worth picking up if you can find it for 10 dollars like I did.

Most Anticipated DVD of the Week
As many you probably already know, I am a huge wrestling fan.  Each and every year since 2007, I have picked up WrestleMania on DVD the day it came out in stores.  It has become a tradition of mine.  Also not watching the big show back in April has me extra excited to pick it up this year.  I am so excited I have watched one highlight video of WrestleMania 28 at least a good 20 times this last week in anticipation.  So if I have no Game of the Week next edition of Bit by Bit, WrestleMania 28 will be the reason why.

Video of the Week
Not much in the way of videos to pick from this week, so one video does stand tall above the rest.  That video being the first gameplay footage of Assassin's Creed III.  This trailer has got a lot of people excited for Assassin's Creed III.  Personally I would like to see a little more, but what Ubisoft showed in this trailer was great.  One of my biggest complaints about Assassin's Creed is that the combat feels too slow paced and too reliant on countering and blocking.  From the content of this trailer, it looks like Ubisoft has addressed that issue and has made Assassin's Creed much faster and more fluid like Rocksteady's Batman games.  It is not the greatest trailer in the world, but it is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment