Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hump Day Music: Super Fighting Robot X

This post would have been up yesterday if I did not start playing the last two missions of Mass Effect 3.  Spent the majority of yesterday night plowing through the ending and experiencing all that was going on.  Enough about that, let us get on with this week's Hump Day Music.

For the past week, I have been listening to whole lot of OC ReMix's newest album, Mega Man X: Maverick Rising.  Just go to maverick.ocremix.org and you can download this free 62 track honouring the excellent music from the Mega Man X series.  Earlier this week, I finished listening to all 62 tracks and I have to say it was amazing.  While there are some tracks I prefer over others, they all had a unique take on a track from the Mega Man X series, which can be surprising for some.  Out of all 62 tracks, my favourite has to be the second track, a remix of Mega Man X3's opening stage called Super Fighting Robot X.  WillRock's remix is a much smoother more electronic take on the original music, but it still gets your blood pumping and mind psyched to kick some Maverick butt.  Listening to this track and all the others, just makes me want to pull out my copy of the Mega Man X Collection for PS2 and just play these classic platformers.  If you have not picked downloaded this amazing free album yet, you are definitely missing out.  Take a listen to the track I am sharing with you today and if you you like, I highly recommend downloading Maverick Rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment