Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hump Day Video: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theory

Ever since I got home from work tonight, I could not think of a piece of video game music to highlight in this week's edition of Hump Day Music.  Since last Friday, I have been playing a lot of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which I have been enjoying a lot.  I was thinking about picking a track to highlight, but nothing has caught my ear yet.  Maybe next week I will have a track from Kid Icarus to share, but this week I have a video to share.  Just a kind warning to those who have not finished Mass Effect 3, there will be spoilers.  Read and watch on at your own discretion.

While looking through my Facebook News Feed, I saw my friend and fellow Mass Effect fan share a 21-minute video on the Indoctrination Theory.  The Indoctrination Theory is a theory about the controversial ending(s) to Mass Effect 3.  It says that from the moment Shepard seemingly gets blasted by Harbinger's laser and the screen goes white, Shepard is caught in an illusion induced by Harbinger to trick Shepard, and ultimately the player, to give into the Reaper's Indoctrination.  While I enjoyed my ending to Mass Effect 3 (the Synthesis ending) much more than the majority of people, I did think there were a few things off.  That there was more to this ending that first meets the eye.  That I would have to experience the Control and Destroy endings before I truly get the full picture on what the ending was all about.  I still need to go back and play through the ending again and experience everything with a fresh pair of eyes.  I have taken a look at quite a few videos on the Indoctrination Theory and I have become a believer of this theory.  We will not know for sure what BioWare intended with the ending until April when Ray Myzyka said BioWare will address what is next for Mass Effect 3.  Right now, this video I am sharing with you today does it's best to bring to light what might possibly happened during the ending of Mass Effect 3.  If you have not completed the game, I again warn you that there are huge spoilers in this video.  Hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment