Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bit by Bit: March 11-17

Well it was a busy week as usual.  Two Launch Stations, a look at OC ReMix's newest and totally free album, Mega Man X: Maverick Rising, which is amazing if I say so myself, a look at five new downloadable games in On the Download and a review of Mass Effect: Infiltrator all up for you all to go back and enjoy.  It will be a little more busier this following week as Resident Evil: Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Kid Icarus Uprising all release and you will see a Launch Station for each game on Silver Bit.  Enough looking forward, let us look back at the week that was.

Game of the Week
Before I go into my Game of the Week, I would like to say Mega Man X: Maverick Rising, the free 62 track album you can get from OC ReMix, is absolutely incredible.  I have been listening to it the last half of this week and have made it through the first three discs and now on the fourth disc.  Not every ReMix has caught my ear, but the majority have impressed me with how each artist has brought a different take to these classic songs from Mega Man 1 through 8.  If you have not downloaded this album yet, what are you waiting for?!  Other than listening to Maverick Rising, I have been playing a lot of Mass Effect 3, even though I picked up Blocks That Matter, Chaos Rings HD and Chaos Rings Ω, both of which are on sale for a short time.  For the second week in a row, Mass Effect 3 is my Game of the Week.  I have been plugging away at the lengthy single-player.  I just finished Rannoch, the quarian homeworld.  I have heard all the supposed controversy over the ending and once I watch it, be sure I will discuss what I think of it here on Silver Bit.  First I want to enjoy everything Mass Effect 3 has to offer in both single and multi-player so it be a few more weeks before I get to discussing the ending and reviewing the game.  Everything in single-player has been amazing.  My only problem with the game comes with the graphically glitches that pop up from time to time.  Other than that everything is pitch perfect as my Commander Shepard builds unites all the races of the galaxy to make a final stand against the Reapers.


Most Anticipated Game of the Week
If you paid attention to the games I was looking forward to in 2012 and Bit by Bits dating back to December, you would know that I am looking forward to one of the big releases I listed above.  This game is Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS and I have been waiting a good year and more for this game to land on the 3DS.  The more I see of it, the more I believe that Masahiro Sakurai and his team at Project Sora put their heart and soul into bringing Kid Icarus back into the limelight.  While I am a little sad that Canadians don't get the amazing 3D Classics: Kid Icarus upon pre-ordering.  At least we get something with pre-ordering the game.  The release of Kid Icarus Uprising has been a long time coming and Friday cannot come any sooner.

Video of the Week
Keeping with the Kid Icarus theme, the Video of the Week goes to the folks over at Screwattack.  In honour of the release of Kid Icarus Uprising later this coming week, they made a sequel to their classic Kid Icarus fan film.  A spoof of the majority of fan films, which have zero to no budget and are usually crappy.  Kid Icarus 2: The Reckoning is just as bad and as funny as the first with special guest Ryu from Street Fighter.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment