Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bit by Bit: March 18-24

It has been a much busier week than usual.  Balancing two jobs, two blogs and my free time has been fun to say the least.  Once things settle down and I get into the swing of things, Silver Bit will run like usual.  Right now, I just might have to write two posts on one day every once and a while as I might have zero to no free time to write anything.  This week on Silver Bit you will see a Launch Station for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, a look at the Nintendo 3DS' first year, my review of Mass Effect 3 and the regular posts you have come to expect.  Now let us get to the bests of this week.

Game of the Week
This week I picked up quite a few games.  Got Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition and Street Fighter Anthology, Final Fantasy VII, Monster Tale and finally Kid Icarus: Uprising.  While I got a plethora of new games, Mass Effect 3 is my Game of the Week for the third straight week.  This week after about putting 40+ hours into this humongous game, I beat the game and witnessed the supposedly controversial ending.  It was a very emotional and incredibly intense ending that had my eyes glued to the screen to the very end.  It had some of my favourite moments in the game and even the series.  Before I even discuss the ending of the game, I need to play the final missions a few more times to experience all the endings Mass Effect 3 has to offer.  Also before playing the final two missions, I spent a good amount of time playing Mass Effect 3's multiplayer in order to increase my Galactic Readiness Rating.  After slogging through my first few levels as a Soldier and Adept, I got into the swing of the multiplayer and really enjoyed my time playing it.  Overall, I really enjoyed the ending more than most people.  I would love to talk more about this topic here, but I will leave it to a later date.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
My most anticipated game for this week has to go to Square Enix's mystery project.  Set to be revealed next Friday, March 30th, speculation has already started to fly.  From a few places I read that it is speculated to be a full-on sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics.  You can go to this website, cc2012.square-enix.co.jp, and see the teaser trailer for yourself.  Just a warning that it is all in Japanese.  Square Enix has got me interested as I am excited to see what they reveal next Friday.

Video of the Week
Screwattck, Keith Apicary, the Angry Video Game Nerd and egoraptor have all made fans among many gamers for their great video game related content.  Now what if they were all in one big crossover video?  Made as a spoof of an early 90s PSA, Craig and Chad from Screwattack, Keith Apicary, the Angry Video Game Nerd and egoraptor join forces for one funny 2 minute video complete with a 90s like video filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment