Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bit by Bit: February 26 - March 3

Work wise, this week was busier than usual.  I picked up a few more shifts at work, which changed my planned 19 hour week into about a 30 hour work week.  Between work and blogging, I did not have much time to play games this week.  At least I will get a nice pay check that will help fund school and pay for three new games I am buying in the next month.  The first of those release this coming week in Mass Effect 3.  Like I mentioned in Hump Day Music, next week has been deemed Mass Effect week here on Silver Bit.  So I hope you all enjoy.

Game of the Week
Considering that I did not play many games this week, it is really hard to pick a Game of the Week.  Because I have to pick one, I will say Mario Kart 7 is my Game of the Week.  Between spending time racing online and playing 150cc Grand Prix solo, I spent the most of my limited free time to play Mario Kart 7.  While I was introduced to the frustrations of Mario Kart's infamous rubber band AI that actually made me rage quit a few races, it was still satisfying playing online Mario Kart.  Playing against actual people is where Mario Kart shines.  Unlike the single-player Grand Prix mode, all you are concerned about is not finishing as you receive points for every position except last place where you actually lose points.  No matter where I placed other than last, I was never upset as I could do better in the next race.  I also have to commend Nintendo on making such a robust online for Mario Kart as I have never had any problems with lag or lossing connection.  If you ever want to race me in Mario Kart 7, here is my friend code, 0774-4254-9824.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
If I did not say my Most Anticipated Game of this Week was Mass Effect 3, I would be lying.  Tuesday cannot come soon enough as I crave to finish Commander Shepard's story and take back Earth.  Also I cannot wait to get my hands on everything I get in the Collector's Edition of the game from the art book and soundtrack to all the exclusive in-game content.  All-in-all, Tuesday why aren't you here yet?!

Video of the Week
Last week, I put Mass Effect 3's incredible CG trailer as my Video of the Week.  This week it it is the launch trailer for Mass Effect 3.  The Mass Effect 2 launch trailer was the main reason I scoured Cambridge for a Collector's Edition of that game the weekend after it launched.  While I personally think the launch trailer for Mass Effect 3 is not better than the launch trailer for Mass Effect 2, it sure as hell is a great trailer.  Using only in-game footage, BioWare again has made a trailer that rivals the best movie trailers out there.  BioWare has been building two whole games to this one huge Galactic War and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment