Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hump Day Music: Rocket Knight Adventures Stage 5A

Well I did not get around to writing anything on Monday.  Once I got home from work, I fell asleep for a good two and a half hours then spent the rest of the night playing The Last Story and watching Raw.  To say the least, I did not get around or feel up to writing a blog post on Monday.  To make up for skipping Monday, I have decided to do two Hump Day Musics today.

On Monday, I was on Game Trailers and found a new Video Game Vault from the guys over at Screwattack.  This Video Game Vault was on Sparkster: Rocket Knights Adventure 2 for the Sega Genesis.  After watching this video, I got very nostalgic for Konami's jet pack wearing opossum.  Having played and loved the original Rocket Knights Adventure and the new Rocket Knight downloadable game, I started listening to some music from the game.  Today, I would like to share with you one of my favourite tracks from Rocket Knight Adventures from my favourite level in the game.

Every piece of music in Rocket Knight Adventures is amazing, but this piece stands above the rest in my opinion because of how great it accentuates the gameplay.  Stage 5 starts with Sparkster making his charge right into the base of his nemesis, Axel Gear.  Flying across the sky above the base, Sparkster is bombarded by missiles, balloon-hoisted pigs and a few other robotic contraptions.  It is one epic introduction to this hostile environment and one of the many highlights of this incredible game.  The music really makes this gaming moment really shine in my heart.  The music really gets the desperation of the situation.  Sparkster is so motivated to save Princess Sherry from Axel Gear that he will fly head first into the most hostile of areas to save her.  The track fits in the environment so well as it feels very industrial and rigid.  It really gets your blood pumping especially when you are playing it.  One incredible track for one incredible level.

No comments:

Post a Comment