Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bit by Bit: August 19-25

Well I have entered the last week of regular posting as it is the final week of August.  It is funny how the summer has gone so fast and school is coming so quickly.  I have one more busy week of blogging which will be capped off by a post next Saturday on the future of Silver Bit.  It should be an exciting week and considering I do not work evenings, let us make the final week of August the best week we can.

Game of the Week
Last Story, Transformers.  Transformers, Last Story.  Which one to choose for Game of the Week?  For some it might be a big dilemma, for me not so much.  I have played a considerable amount of The Last Story and I am enjoying it.  The starting of The Last Story was fine, but did not draw me in as much as an early story quest to retrieve medicine from a group of bandits.  Once I got past that mission, The Last Story has got me hooked with the story and gameplay and I will definitely be playing it in the weeks to come.  The Last Story would easily win Game of the Week if not for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.  The more I play Fall of Cybertron, the more I fall in love with it.  While I have not tackled the multi-player, Fall of Cybertron's campaign is absolutely amazing.  The levels may come off as a little too linear, the amount of variety packed in these levels is just incredible.  There is always something new around the corner for you to experience from commanding a massive city-sized Autobot to playing as the indestructible ultimate form of the Combaticons known as Bruticus.  Two of my top highlights of Fall of Cybertron's campaign so far are the Cliffjumper and Jazz levels, which have a heavier focus more on stealth and platforming over the regular shooter gameplay.  In my opinion, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron has improved on the foundation High Moon Studios laid down with War of Cybertron in every way possible creating easily the greatest Transformers game of all-time.  If you are still on the fence, I highly recommend you get off it and pick up a copy of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.  You will be happy that you did.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
While I am very much looking forward to the Journey Collector's Edition, which releases this coming Tuesday, my Most Anticipated Game of the Week goes to the new piece of Mass Effect 3 story DLC, Leviathan that also releases Tuesday.  The Leviathan DLC has Commander Shepard and his team explore the corners of the galaxy to find a rogue Reaper called Leviathan.  In this DLC, Shepard discovers more about the dark origins of the Reapers, explore new uncharted planets, interact with new characters and dive into the deep depths inside a mech.  It is more Mass Effect goodness for 10 dollars. Considering I am buying the Journey Collector's Edition this week and picked up a few big video game books this past week, I might pass on Leviathan for the time being, but that does not mean I cannot be excited for this new extension to my favourite game of 2012.



Video of the Week
Let me introduce to you the newest show by The Completionist called Here Comes a New Challenger. In Here Comes a New Challenger, Jirard reviews new releases, be it an indie game or a Triple A title, to see if they are worth your hard earned cash.  Here Comes a New Challenger does not focus on completing the games being reviewed, but experiencing enough of the game to give a fair analysis of the game.  The first game to take the challenge is none other than Symphony!  Yes, that downloadable game I talked about a few weeks back.  Here is another opinion on the game for those that may still be on the fence.  It is a very good review and I do look forward to seeing more of Here Comes a New Challenger reviews in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment