Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bit by Bit: August 12-18

Working the evening shift almost every single day this past week did not give me much time to play many games this week sadly.  I did get enough time to blog each day and follow up on all the news at least.  The pay check is good, but there are some times when you just want to sit back, relax and enjoy playing.  With only a few shifts at my one job this week, I cannot wait to spend some quality time with The Last Story, which I just picked up today due to some delays shipping the game out for Tuesday, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, which I will get to in a bit.

Purchase of the Week
Considering the shipment for The Last Story only arrived at EB Games today, I have not gotten a chance to play the game at all.  What I can talk about though is all the extras that came with the game.  The packaging for The Last Story is just incredibly beautiful and well made.  The art book is not the most comprehensive anthology of the game's concept art, but it is a great accompanying book to The Last Story.  While The Last Story Premium Soundtrack that you get for pre-ordering the game does not have every track in found in The Last Story, seven tracks composed by the legendary Nobuo Uematsuis better than none at all.  Even though it did take a little longer to get the game than I had hoped, I am very impressed with the love and care Xseed Games took in making the North American release of The Last Story feel special.  It makes me feel a little disappointed that Xenoblade Chronicles did not receive the same treatment when it released this past April.  Thank you, Xseed Games for publishing this great Wii RPG for us, North Americans.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
If there is one game that I am excited to play more than The Last Story, it is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.  Being a huge Transformers fans since I watched my first episode of Beast Wars, the fact that there is a Transformers game that does the franchise justice in War for Cybertron is just incredible.  The fact that come this Tuesday, there will be two Transformers games that do the franchise the justice it rightfully deserves considering how some people, namely Michael Bay, has treated the franchise as of late.  I am so excited for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron that I have an inkling that it could be one of my top games of 2012.  We will have to see come Tuesday when the Transformers transform and roll out onto our consoles.

Video of the Week
Going right in line with my excitement for the release of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, the Video of the Week goes to the launch trailer for Fall of Cybertron.  It is a great trailer that highlights this epic tale of the Transformers' last days on Cybertron and possibly arrival on a planet we all know and love called Earth.  For those who missed my Hump Day Video, I highly recommend that you also check out the trailer and gameplay footage for Capcom's newest IP, Remember Me.  Right now, let us enjoy some Transformers awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment