Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hump Day Music: Song of Storms

Back at the very end of March, I bought a ticket to The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess concert when it comes to Toronto this September.  Just today, I got my ticket in the mail from Ticketmaster and I was surprised.  The concert was always in the back of my mind, but I kept on forgetting how close it was getting.  Now the tickets will now serve as an almost constant reminder that I got to figure out my transportation, food and other things very soon.  To celebrating getting my ticket to what should be a phenomenal night at the symphony, I would like to share one of my favourite tracks from The Legend of Zelda.

This song comes from Ocarina of Time.  You learn it in the Windmill in Kakariko Village.  It is the Song of Storms.  This simple little tune that Link learns for his Ocarina is not just a great way to summon a storm in the land of Hyrule, it is a pretty catchy piece of music.  It is very playful and has a fun melody to it.  Every time I hear the Song of Storms, I start swaying back and forth to the music because it is so infectious.  While I cannot wait to hear how the live orchestra will play the song at the Symphony of the Goddess concert, the original flute and accordion used for this track is how I will always remember this great piece of video game music.  Today, I will be sharing the remix of the Song of Storms from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  I hope everybody enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment