Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bit by Bit: July 8-14

As usual, it was a busy week for yours truly.  Working, blogging, picking courses for university, reviewing old math notes and squeezing in time to play some games.  As we enter the middle of July, things are slowing in the video game industry.  Not many games come out in the summer months and the there is a small stream of gaming news that gets reported each day.  It is getting a little harder to come up with content for Silver Bit every single day, but I have been managing.  Got two new editions of Off the Newsstand on the way along with a Launch Station for Heroes of Ruin, another new release for the 3DS, this Tuesday and the regular Wednesday and Thursday posts.  Make sure you keep checking Silver Bit each day for new content during the dog days of summer.

Game of the Week
It is been a while since I picked up my plastic set of instruments and played a game of Rock Band or Guitar Hero.  While looking around in the one of the Microplays in my area, I found Rock Band 2 for Wii.  I have been looking to pick up the game for a while now so I have a game that all my friends, brothers and I can play, but it has been extremely hard to come by until now.  I took this opportunity to pick up Rock Band 2 for Wii along with Contra 4 for DS and BioShock for PS3 (they had their Buy 2, Get the Third for Free deal on, so I kindly obliged).  That evening my brothers and I brought up our big box of plastic instruments and played Rock Band 2.  It took one or two songs to get into the swing of things again.  I forgot how fun Rock Band can be and Rock Band 2 is great continuation of the series.  There are hundreds of songs to unlock and plenty of more to download off of the Rock Band store.  Cannot wait to play more Rock Band 2 in the coming weeks.  It easily earns Game of the Week for this past week.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
After long waiting for XSeed to elaborate on the incredibly vague release date of Summer 2012, The Last Story finally has a release date set in stone.  The Last Story will be available in North America August 14th.  For those who pick up the game during it's first run, The Last Story will come with a special collector's case and an art book.  For those who pre-ordered the game, you will receive an 8 track soundtrack.  Plenty of incentive for the last big Wii game to be released for the system.  If you have not pre-ordered the game yet, what are you waiting for?  Especially all those Operation Rainfall supporters, it is time to put your money where your mouth is once again.

Video of the Week
I have been torn between two videos for Video of the Week.  I would like to share both, but some reason how you embed the videos from Screwattack seems the mess things up so I will only share one.  The video I am sharing with you is this week's Clip of the Week that shows us the true finale to the Iron Man of Screwattack to decide who will join Craig in going to the Tokyo Game Show in September.  It is an excellent skit that perfectly spoofs old Japanese kung-fu movies to a tee.  For the other video, which is the newest Death Battle between Link and Cloud that you can check out over on Screwattack.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment