Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bit by Bit: July 22-28

After such a dull week in the wonderful world of video games, it seems this week will pick up.  With the end of July and beginning of August, we get two new releases in Risen 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.  So I should have two Launch Stations up this week to accompany the release of each game.  Seeing I am writing this pretty late at night and there were not that many big releases coming up very soon that I am very excited about, there will be no Most Anticipated Game of the Week section in Bit by Bit this week.  Also I would like to thank Jirard Khalil, The Completionist, for retweeting my tweet about last week's Bit by Bit, which has gone to be my most viewed Bit by Bit ever.  Again thanks Jirard and make sure you guys watch The Completionist on Youtube.

Game of the Week
While I did have a phenomenal time playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Friday evening with my brothers, I do not give it Game of the Week.  Plus there was game this week that I spent quite a lot of time with and had a lot of fun playing.  I just finished this game Friday before heading for to work.  This game is Pokemon Conquest.  I spent the past week beating the last few castles before the final level, Dragnor.  I had the most difficulty with Valora.  I went into the first battle against their warlords with the wrong set of Pokemon and I had to retreat as there was no hope for me to defeat them.  After that defeat, Valora sent three of their warlords to Avia where I had only one of my warlords stationed.  I dispensed the two Arons fine, but my fighting Pokemon could not overcome their Chimecho's psychic attacks.  Losing those two battles was the most adversity that I faced in Pokemon Conquest and it made retaking Avia and capturing Valora that much more satisfying because of the extra challenge.  I will not reveal what exactly happens after beating Nobunaga in Dragnor, in one intense battle I might add, but I found it very enjoyable and entertaining.  Also the addition of eight special episodes that you unlock once you complete the game is great.  It adds a lot of replay value to a game that to this point felt a little too short for a tactical RPG.  These reasons are why Pokemon Conquest is most deserving of being my Game of the Week.

Video of the Week
It is hard when you are the head news and reviews editor of a big independent gaming website to have time to do your own videos, but Jared from Screwattack sure finds the time.  While it does take quite a while for him to release a new ProReview (Jared's own review show), they are always well produced and give a fair review of the game he is reviewing with some of Jared's sarcastic humour mixed in.  Jared's latest ProReview is of Quest 64 for the Nintendo 64 and it is a very entertaining, funny and fair review of this Nintendo 64 RPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment