Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bit by Bit: July 15-21

Sales, sales and more sales.  I have bought a good amount of games from sales these last few weeks and the list keeps growing.  Surprisingly I only picked up one game from the Steam Summer Sale in The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but I have been keeping close tabs of the sale.  Going on Steam many times throughout the day to vote on the community deals and check the daily and flash deals.  Also picked up Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 5 dollars on the PSN's Summer Sale and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for my 3DS, which is apart of Nintendo's 8-Bit Summer initiative.  Proof there are plenty of great games that are available for cheap in the downloadable space, you just got to look.

Game of the Week
The Game of the Week is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as it is the game that I played the most this week.  I did not get a chance to play many games this past week so when I downloaded Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I played it for over two hours straight.  Played a few matches with my younger brother, which were very fun and highly competitive.  The rest of my time was spent trying to clear Arcade mode once, which was why I spent so much time playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2.  Once I got past Stage 3 in Arcade Mode it seemed like I was dying every other match.  It got quite frustrating, but I never gave and kept at it.  Through my perseverance, I got better at the game.  Learned the great value of assists and how to best play as couple of the characters.  I usually stuck with Wolverine, Spider-Man and Juggernaut, but would switch things up with other characters when things did not work out.  I found Cyclops works great against the last two forms of the final boss, Abyss.  While at times Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was very frustrating, I did feel incredibly accomplished when I finally beat Arcade mode.  It is a ton of fun and I cannot wait to play more with my brothers and friends.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
My Most Anticipated Game of the Week has to go to the Journey Collector's Edition that is set to release at the end of August.  While I have already played and completed Journey, this Collector's Edition, which will cost only 30 dollars when released, has a lot of extra content.  Including Journey, this Collector's Edition comes with thatgamecompany's two other downloadable gems, Flower and flOw, a 30 minute documentary on the making of Journey, creator commentaries for the games on the disc, three never before released prototypes from thatgamecompany, concept art and soundtracks for the three games and more goodies.  These three incredible unique and beautifully artful downloadable games alone could sell this disc, but add in all the extras and this disc is well worth the 30 dollar price point.  In fact, it is a steal at this price.  I cannot wait to pick the Journey Collector's Edition this coming August 28th.

Video of the Week
I have fell in love with The Completionist and have been going through all the past episodes this past week.  I would love to share a past episode, but this segment is the Video of the Week not weeks past.  So I am going to share the Mail Bag episode from this past week.  The Mail Bag episode has Jirard and Greg reading all the great fan mail they have gotten.  It is tons of fun to watch.  BEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment