Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hump Day Music: Panic Puppet Zone

Somedays, it is hard for me to come up with a piece of video game music I want to share.  It really depends on what music I am listening to at the time and what I want to talk about.  There are excellent tracks I have been holding back so I do not share only music from the same games because if you notice there are certain game franchises that I love a lot of music from.  Mega Man, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Metroid and Mario are just a few examples.  As I scoured Youtube to find a piece of music to highlight in this edition of Hump Day Music, I stumbled upon a track that may not have originally heard.  From Sonic 3D Blast, it is the Panic Puppet Zone theme.

I do not believe many have played and/or completed Sonic 3D Blast.  Personally, I have never made the time to sit down and actually get past the third zone in the game.  Sonic 3D Blast is not the greatest game in the Sonic series, but it is definitely not the worst.  It is a mediocre affair that many gamers have most likely stayed clear of in favour of the classic 2D Sonic games for the Sega Genesis.  Considering a fair number of gamers missed out on a really good piece of video game music in the Panic Puppet Zone theme.  The Panic Puppet Zone is the final zone in Sonic 3D Blast and has the best theme in the game.  When I think of Sonic 3D Blast, I honestly think of the music to Panic Puppet Zone.  It is the only piece of music from the game that made such a lasting impression on me.  Funny considering I never managed to play the final level of Sonic 3D Blast.  I know I heard it sometime before I played Sonic Adventure as I could tell that the Twinkle Park theme was remixed from a past Sonic game.  This theme packs everything needed for the final level of a game.  The beat is fast and furious, the track is very frantic, which in turn psyches the player up to complete the game and the track has a memorable tune that will stick in your head for days, weeks, possibly months.  The Panic Puppet Zone theme is a truly underrated Sonic theme due to the fact many gamers did not play much of Sonic 3D Blast.  If you ever played Twinkle Park in Sonic Adventure and could not stop blobbing your head to the beat, you should definitely listen to the original track that spawned that great remix.

No comments:

Post a Comment