Thursday, December 1, 2011

On the Download: Infinity Blade II

If you are into downloadable games and own any iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad), the biggest iOS game of this year came out today.  That game is Infinity Blade II, the sequel to critically acclaimed and best selling iOS game Infinity Blade.  Infinity Blade was the first iOS game to use the Unreal Engine to power its graphics and that was the main reason people bought the game.  Once they got their figures on Infinity Blade, they like myself fell in love with the excellent touch controls and simple premise to work your way through a castle filled with enemies, level up, buy new armour and weapons and defeat the God King.  In Infinity Blade II, you are on a quest to discover the truth behind the many secrets of the titular Infinity Blade.  Your journey will take you to places far beyond the castle from the first game and have you encountering numerous new enemies and villains on the way.  As a sequel for a big iOS game like Infinity Blade, there are high expectations for Infinity Blade II and it looks to deliver.  The world is less linear this time offering multiple routes to traverse.  Now you are able to dual-wield and use two-handed weapons, which should add much more to the combat.  To top it all off, Chair uped the graphics to push your iDevice to its limits.

Infinity Blade II sounds so amazing that you are probably running to your iDevice to buy it right now, but just hold on a moment.  Having loved the first game, I have been waiting for this game for a long time.  So I made sure I bought it the moment I found it in the App Store.  Once it was done installing, I booted up Infinity Blade II hoping for the best.  To my dismay after the game crashed on start-up.  I tried again and again, but suffered the same results.  So at the moment, the game I waited a few months for and paid 7 dollars for is unplayable.  I am not angry, but I am extremely disappointed in both Chair Entertainment and Epic Games for releasing a game with this many reported bugs (I am not the only one suffering).  There is a fix on the way, but in my opinion it is unacceptable for a publisher and developer to release a game no matter the platform that is this buggy.  Yes, it will eventually be fixed.  The fact of the matter is that people like myself will now have to wait because Chair and Epic skipped out on testing their game on multiple iOS devices.  So if you want to buy Infinity Blade II, just hold off for about a week while all the bugs hopefully get worked out unless you want to risk turning out like me.  You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment