Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bit by Bit: December 25-31

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!  Hope you all had a good Christmas and Boxing Week.  Personally, my week was hectic with all the sales going on at work and also having a little cold a top of it all.  With it being New Year's Eve and the fact I just completed my Top 10 Games of 2011 as you can read here on Silver Bit, Bit by Bit will be condensed again this week.  This week there will be no Video of the Week as there were not a lot of videos put out this week about games.  So without further ado, let us rundown the best of the week.

Game of the Week
Well Christmas and Boxing Day was good to me.  This week I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City both for PS3, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for Xbox 360, Rayman Origins for Wii, Sonic Generations for 3DS, Civilization IV and Frozen Synapse for PC and Mac (and for free might I add) and finally Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Sonic Colors for the DS.  Yeah, I have a whole lot of games to play don't I.  Out of all these games, my Game of the Week goes to Arkham Asylum.  I have played the opening of Arkham City, which is absolutely amazing might I add, but I have been powering through Arkham Asylum like there's no tomorrow and I am really enjoying it.  The use of Batman's gadgets are fantastic, the combat is fluid and so awesome to combine counters, attacks and gadgets into one flowing combo and the story is really well done.  So far this is my favourite superhero game I have ever played.  With that there are a few flaws.  The enemies lack variety, the mutant enemies that pop up once in a while are more tedious to beat than fun, an over reliance on Detective Mode that takes away from seeing the gorgeous hallows of Arkham Island and the fact the game is a little too linear for an open island to explore.  Right now, I am only halfway through so once I complete the game expect a full review up here on Silver Bit.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
With most of the video game news sites off this week, other than the guys at ScrewAttack, there was not a lot of news to speak of this week.  But tucked in an interview on Gamespot was the announcement that Sonic fans have waited over a year to hear about.  That announcement was Sonic 4: Episode 2.  Even though it was a minute teaser, what we now know is that Metal Sonic and Tails are back and that Sega has reworked the physics that many fans complained about (personally I didn't find it as bad as others complained about).  As a huge Sonic fan, I cannot wait to hear more from Sega in the New Year about this new downloadable Sonic game.

No comments:

Post a Comment