Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bit by Bit: December 18-24

Merry Christmas to all!  I hope everybody has had a wonderful week leading up to the big holiday.  Also hope you have a great time opening presents, spending time with friends and family and spreading the peace and joy this holiday.  That will before everybody changes their tune and become rabid mobs for all the Boxing Day deals.  I know, I am working Boxing Day.  With Christmas here, I am going to have a condensed version of Bit by Bit this week.  There will be no Most Anticipated Game of the Week due to the lack of huge announcements this week.  Now let us roll with the Game of the Week and Video of the Week.

Game of the Week
No matter the crazy hours that I worked this week, I made time to play a good selection of games.  With all the sales on Steam and the App Store, I picked up Torchlight for my Mac and Groove Coaster and Sonic 4: Episode 1 HD for my iPad.  Also found Dragon Quest IX at my local EB Games for a mere 10 dollars used and made sure that I was the only one walking out of that store with Dragon Quest.  Even with those quality games, I got to give my Game of the Week to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which I completed last Sunday night.  The last few hours were just phenomenal as I completed the Triforce, vanquished the evil locked in the Sealed Grounds and fought one of my favourite boss fights of this year.  You will know why when you play it.  It is truly epic.  I am not going to go in full excruciating detail right here and now as I put up my review of Skyward Sword yesterday here on Silver Bit.  So click on the link in the Blog Archive just on the right side of the blog and I hope you enjoy.

Video of the Week
As gamers and game media get to the end of the year, we all like to reflect on the year that was.  We like to look back on the good and the bad.  All video game websites and magazines have their Top 10 Games of the Year, the Year End Awards to hand out.  In the plethora of gaming websites giving their opinions on what was the best of 2011 in video games, ScrewAttack has left it up to us gamers.  For the past few weeks, ScrewAttack allowed their fans to give their suggestions for the Top 10 Games of 2011 in the form of comments on a previous Top 10 or in their forums.  They then would tally up what the fans listed as their Top 10 Games of the Year and made the video that I leave you with today.  Personally, I thought this list was very well done, you might think differently, but everyone has their opinion.  Just respect that.  And with that I will bid you all ado and a very merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment