Friday, June 8, 2012

Bit by Bit: June 3-9

It has been one busy week.  So busy in fact that the last time I play a game was this past Sunday.  Have been so busy watching and following all of E3 2012 between work that I have had no time to play.  For this week's edition of Bit by Bit will be a round-up of a few things I want to highlight from this year's E3. If you think this post will be the end of my E3 coverage, I still have one more big post this weekend as I countdown my Top 5 or 10 (depends on how much I work this weekend and all the demos I can watch) Games of E3 2012 sometime this weekend.

Best Press Conference of E3
Out of all the conferences that happened this past Monday and Tuesday, one stood above them all.  That conference was the Ubisoft Press Conference.  While Microsoft was concerned about pushing entertainment apps and Sony wasted time with Wonderbook, Ubisoft got right down to what gamers wanted to see at E3, games.  We went from demo to demo to demo of an incredibly diverse catalog of games.  While there were some sour moments such as Just Dance 4, ShootMania and the awkward hosting, there was plenty of great moments to make you forget.  Far Cry 3 looked good, Assassin's Creed III was great and Rayman Legends was absolutely incredible, but there is one game that stole this conference and the show and was one of the few surprises at this year's E3.  This game was Watch Dogs. Using the city and it's technology as a weapon is one amazing and unique idea that stuck with gamers throughout all of E3.  It capped on a great conference that should go out of your way to watch.

Games to Watch
While I will be getting to the games that impressed me the most this weekend in my Top Games of E3 post, there were quite a few games that catch my eye, but not enough to make the list.  These are the games that many gamers should keep an eye on as they could surprise some.  Castlevania: Lords of Shadow- Mirrors of Fate looks like a mix of the best aspects of the Lords of Shadow game with the Metroidvania gameplay of other portable entries in the Castlevania series to great effect and you also get to play as Alucard, Dracula's son, along with Trevor and Simon Belmont.  Dishnonored, while not the best looking, does have a lot of potential considering the many ways you can fulfill objectives.  You can run-in head first, swords swinging, use stealth to infiltrate certain areas or even use your powers of possession to sneak into a facility unnoticed.  Those are two games that were interesting to me.  Some others people should check out are Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Project P-100, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Unfinished Swan just to name a few.

Best Video of E3
Like I mentioned earlier, Watch Dogs stole the show this year at E3.  No game took gamers aback like Watch Dogs did with this impressive demo.  I would love to put it on my Top Games of E3, but one of rules is that the game has to available to played on the show floor.  Watch Dogs was only shown during Ubisoft's Press Conference so it does not qualify.  Even though it does qualify, I would like to highlight here in the Best Video of E3 as the demo showed off at the end of the Ubisoft conference was just incredible and something every hardcore gamer should at least watch once.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment