Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bit by Bit: June 10-16

This past week has been extremely busy with everything that has been going on in my life.  At least I eked enough time to write and play a few hours of games.  Hopefully things will settle down in the coming week as my work schedules are not too crazy.

Game of the Week
In the past week, I picked up quite a few games for my Wii.  Yesterday, I bought A Boy and His Blob, Klonoa and Little King's Story yet have not gotten a chance to play any of them.  My Game of the Week goes to game I picked up last Sunday, Pikmin 2 for Wii.  Having missed out on both Pikmin 1 and 2 when they came out for the Gamecube, I made sure I did not miss out the Wii re-release.  Having never played a Pikmin game, I was worried that I would not like the RTS-like gameplay as I am not a fan of RTS games.  My worries were all for nought as Pikmin 2 is really fun.  I need to get farther into the game to make my final verdict, but the first few hours of collecting items, raising Pikmin and exploring the world has been a lot of fun.  I have not played the games on Gamecube so I do not know how well they controlled at that system.  I can say that the Wii controls are very good and works amazingly well with Pikmin's gameplay.  For those who missed out on Pikmin 2 the first time around or  somehow misplaced their original copy of the game, Pikmin 2 for Wii is a great buy especially with its 20 dollar price tag.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
If the The Last Story was not pushed back to some undisclosed time this summer, it would have been my Most Anticipated Game of the Week.  Due to the fact it has been delayed, my Most Anticipated Game of the Week goes to Pokemon Conquest.  A mix between the charm of Pokemon mixed with the tactical gameplay of Nobunaga's Ambition, Pokemon Conquest looks to be the most promising Pokemon spinoff in years.  Also Pokemon Conquest has gotten some high praise already from some critics, so it looks like a DS game that should be one any gamer's radar.

Video of the Week
E3 is over.  The great guys and gals over at Screwattack have compiled their list of the 5 Best and Worst Moments of E3 2012.  You might not agree with everything on these lists, but it is an entertaining recap of the good and bad from this year's E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment