Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bit by Bit: June 24-30

It has been a pretty busy week as usual.  Other weeks I did not get a chance to play many games.  This week I played the most in a long time and it feels great.  While I did play a lot of games, I also bought quite a few games.  Found Red Steel 2, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and God of War all on sale this week and also picked up Penny Arcade's On a Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 on Steam, which got me Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII for free.  Got six games for under 40 dollars, now that is amazing.  

Game of the Week
Out of the games I bought I sadly have not played any of them yet.  I have been spending most of my time with Pokemon Conquest.  Other than that I tried the Rhythm Thief demo from the Nintendo eShop and played my Game of the Week.  This game has been my Game of the Week many weeks before way back in March and it is again this week as a new piece of DLC was just released.  The game in question is no doubtingly, Mass Effect 3.  This past Tuesday, BioWare released the Extended Cut DLC that added additional scenes to the ending to help explain it to those who could not connect the dots and would go onto whine and complain until BioWare did something.  The release of the Extended Cut DLC got me to spend four hours playing the final two missions over again in order to experience the extended ending.  Revisiting Mass Effect 3 for the first time in close to three months, just reaffirmed why I love this series and this game.  After just a few waves of enemies, I got in a grove again as I would be flicking between using my weapons, biotic powers and other abilities at a quick pace.  There are a couple moments I still dread such as the Kai Leng  boss battle or defending the missile launcher as I have always found them hard.  There are some exhilarating moments such as stabbing Kai Leng with the omni-blade or the run to the Citadel beam to balance out my minor frustrating moments.  While I never had a problem with the original ending, the extended ending does a much better job of explaining what exactly happens instead of leaving it open for fan interpretation as the original ending was very open-ended.  It does offer more fulfilling conclusions that the original ending.  Where BioWare goes next with the series is up in the air, but I cannot wait to play whatever is next be it a whole new story or new downloadable adventures with Commander Shepard.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
There is not one game that I am highly anticipating this week.  There are a few promotions I am anticipating, but nothing more.  Steam's annual summer sale hopefully is coming this week, which should be awesome.  Also the new Club Nintendo reward games will be revealed tomorrow.  So hopefully Nintendo will give Club Nintendo members four games that are worth spending their coins towards.

Video of the Week
The video that I am sharing this week has nothing to do with video games.  It does have something to do with a little sci-fi franchise that you might know as Star Wars.  The guys at teddiefilms have put together a parody of Gotye's song, Somebody That I Used To Know.  The parody is called The Star Wars That I Used To Know and it tells a story of heartbreak that all Star Wars fans can relate to.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment