Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bit by Bit: February 19-25

From playing games to writing this blog to work to hanging with friends off for Reading Week, it was truly a busy week.  If you missed out on all the posts this week, there is a lot of content for you to check out.  The final edition of Vita Wednesday, two Launch Stations (one for Asura's Wrath, one for Syndicate), On the Download and my review of Run Roo Run for iOS.  Also if you didn't notice, I finally figured out how to put up a Like Box for Silver Bit's fan page on Facebook.  So please like the fan page, it will make it easier to find out when I put up each post.  For those who don't like using Facebook, you can follow me on Twitter at @AJSilver22.

Game of the Week
I would love to say the Mass Effect 3 Demo because I have been playing a whole lot of the multiplayer and loving it, but I want to save my opinions on the demo until sometime this following week when I put up my demo impressions.  So my Game of the Week goes to Valkryia Chronicles for the PS3.  Ever since it released, I heard good things from this mix of turn-based strategy and real-time combat and I wanted to get a PS3 just to play it.  Finally I found it for 20 dollars over at Microplay and I could not just miss out on this great opportunity to pick it up.  It has a slow start and having to individually select each scene to play out is a little annoying, but once I started playing the missions I was entranced.  Valkryia Chronicles reminds a lot of Fire Emblem in the way each mission plays out like a chess match between two commanders.  Also Valkryia Chronicles has a way of wrapping me into the story and world, like Fire Emblem does, to the point that I can waste most of my afternoon and not even notice it until I put down the controller.  If you ever find a copy of this game sitting on a store shelf, do not hesitate to pick it up.  Great gameplay, great story and I only just started.  I cannot wait to see where this game takes me each and every playthrough.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
So many great announcements this week.  The Last Story is coming to North America this summer, Mario Tennis Open for the 3DS will land on store shelves this coming May and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II gameplay trailer was released (if you haven't checked it out yet, do so after reading Bit by Bit).  It is so hard to choose just one game, but I have to.  So my Most Anticipated Game of the Week is The Last Story.  From the mind Hironobu Sakaguchi and his team at Mistwalker, The Last Story is an action RPG for the Wii with a lot of promise.  With Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story finally coming to North America this year, all those hardcore Wii owners better put their money where their mouth is and show their support.  I have Xenoblade Chronicles pre-ordered and The Last Story will be soon enough.

Video of the Week
If you do not know by now, I love Mass Effect.  I cannot wait until Mass Effect 3 comes out in about a week.  All I will say about this video is epic CG goodness.  I am pumped as ever to Take Back Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment