Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bit by Bit: February 12-18

It has been a busy week for games and this blog.  Covering the launch of the PlayStation Vita, its biggest first-party titles, Twisted Metal for the PS3 and three big downloadable games.  This blog is not just all about previews as my review of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn went live in the wee hours of the morning.  So I hope you enjoy all the content up on Silver Bit after reading this edition of Bit by Bit.

Game of the Week
Considering I completed it last Sunday in one hell of a six hour play session, my Game of the Week goes to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.  You can find most of my opinions of the game in the review I just put up much earlier today.  I have to say that run to the end of the game was really intense and fun especially the mountain leading up to the Apollo Lens.  It put your puzzle-solving and psynergy skills to the ultimate test, which made for one of the most intense levels in the game.  While the ending and final boss are a bit lackluster, everything leading up to them is very compelling and makes you want to continue playing to see what is going to happen next.  You see now why I played this game for close to six hours on Sunday.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
I would be lying if I did not pick Mass Effect 3 as my Most Anticipated Game of the Week or more likely the Year.  With only a few weeks until it is released, my anticipation for this game is getting unbearable especially after playing the demo.  Expect a full demo impressions for the Mass Effect 3 demo once I get a chance to play a few rounds of multi-player.  Speaking of the demo, the single-player missions are really good.  They will not surprise anybody who has been following the game since BioWare announced it as the missions are exactly what BioWare showed off at E3 last year.  All-in-all, Mass Effect 3 looks awesome and I cannot wait until March 6th to finally play it.

Video of the Week
Pop Fiction is a show on Gametrailers that looks at gaming myths and tries either to prove them right or wrong.  This series has looked many big gaming myths from reviving Aeris in Final Fantasy VII to catching Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow.  Yesterday, Gametrailers put up a new episode looking at Totaka's Song, a 19-note song which is said to be in every Nintendo product that composer Kazumi Totaka has worked on.  The Gametrailers team get a tip from two Argentinian gamers about possibly finding Totaka's Song in Wii Sports.  So they investigate and the results are fascinating to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment