Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hump Day Music: Special World 4

It's Wednesday, the very middle of the week, two days removed from the beginning of the week and two days away from the weekend.  For that reason, Wednesday has been known as Hump Day.  To help you get over the hump, every Wednesday I will be sharing a piece of video game music that I have stuck in my head.  Great video game music accentuates whatever is happening in the game and gets you engrossed in the experience or hyped to play more.

This last week I have been playing a whole lot of Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS.  Just a minor spoiler to those who have not played it yet, after you beat the all eight worlds another eight special worlds open up for you to play.  This tune starts when you enter the overworld of the 4th special world.  When I first heard it, my head was bopping to the beat of the music.  Even though it is only a minute in length, this piece has stuck with me as my favourite bit of music from Super Mario 3D Land.  That is saying quite a bit since Mario games have superb music.  Even while playing the later levels, I just want to run back to Special World 4 to hear this infectiously joyous music play on loop through the speakers of my 3DS.


Thank you to GilvaSunner for uploading this great piece of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment