Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bit by Bit: November 20-26

Welcome to Bit by Bit.  My weekly rundown of everything involving video games in my life and the world around us.  We will take a look at all the games that I am played during the past week in the Game of the Week, take a look to the future with Most Anticipated Game of the Week and a bit of random awesomeness with the Video of the Week.

Game of the Week
This past week has been one of the busiest for me in a long time.  In the matter of one whole week, I have bought a whopping total of nine games and have been juggling my play time with these nine games plus Super Mario 3D Land.  These nine games are Darksiders for PS3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Wii, Cave Story+ for PC, X-Men Origins: Wolverine for PS3, Metroid II: Return of Samus and Donkey Kong both for the 3DS, Epic Mikey and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii and finally Limbo for the PC (which is 75% off on Steam today only).  Out of all those great games, which the majority I got under 10 dollars, one game can stand tall as Game of the Week.  That game is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.  Out of all the games that I have been playing this week, I keep wanting to play more Skyward Sword.  I am only about eight or ten hours into the game, but it feels like I have only touched the surface of this epic adventure.  Each new area opens up new unique mechanics and new challenges that are both brain-racking and extremely satisfying.  The addition of weapon crafting has me exploring each corner of the map to find the materials needed to upgrade my weapons.  I will try to pick a different game for Game of the Week next weekend, but it might be hard when I will be spending most of my gaming time playing Skyward Sword.

Most Anticipated Game of the Week
There are many games I am looking forward to playing come next month and 2012 from Mario Kart 7 to Mass Effect 3, but I have been really excited to play some of the high-profile games that came out the last two months.  After playing a hour and a half of X-Men Origins and reading a review in the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, my most anticipated game of the week is Batman: Arkham City.  I played a demo for the Arkham Asylum and loved it and the 40+ hours of gameplay crammed into an action-adventure like Batman is unheard of that I have been feverishly looking for Arkham Asylum.  Maybe I will get it for Christmas, but we will have to see.  Right here and now, I am very excited to get my hands on two of the greatest comic book games of all-time hopefully in the near future.

Video of the Week
Kevin Butler is a name that all gamers should know no matter what system they prefer.  He is the VP of Awesomeness at Sony Computer Entertainment America and has provided us with some of the best and funniest PlayStation commercials of all-time.  As a part of Sony's new and amazing ad campaign Long Live Play, Mr. Butler has been honouring different PS3 players each and every day for the past couple months.  Last Thursday, the American Thanksgiving, marked the end of these string of hilarious videos.  What a better way to end this event with an equally amazing 80s montage.  Let's roll the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment