Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Bit by Bit: May 2015

May was an exciting month for everything except games.  My Avengers review made the Arts cover for Imprint's May issue.  My Tomorrowland review hit the Imprint website last week.  I witnessed two great wrestling shows live.  And I did quite a bit of catching up with friends.

Not to say that I didn't play any games this past month.  From starting new purchases to diving into the backlog, I just did a lot of jumping between titles.  Now that both Splatoon and Witcher III have been released, I am not bouncing around as much.  Despite my current gaming stability, I don't have enough to say on one thing this month to do Game/Show/Movie of the Month justice.

I promise everything will be back to normal for June's edition of Bit by Bit.  As I will get to in a moment, June is going to be a very busy month for Silver Bit.

Most Anticipated Event of the Month
You may be wondering: why is June such a busy month for Silver Bit?  Well my uneducated hypothetical audience, June plays host to E3, the biggest video game convention of the year, and I am covering the show from start to finish for the fourth time now.

Coverage of E3 2015 will begin this Sunday with the return of The Big Questions article.  The show ramps up on Monday as coverage of the press conferences begin.  My impressions on Bethesda, Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft will be posted throughout Monday, followed by Sony, Nintendo and Square Enix on Tuesday.  Silver Bit's E3 coverage doesn't end once the show floor closes on June 18th.  The coverage will continue for the rest of June with a special edition of Bit by Bit to wrap up the show and the annual Top Games of E3 article(s).

While E3 may be one of the most exhausting weeks of my year, it is one of the most fulfilling.  I love sharing my opinions and insights on E3 with you guys and gals all week long.  Also it's tons of fun to gather a bunch of my friends together to watch the festivities with me.

Video of the Month
Microsoft is well-known for making a plethora of reliable products including the Xbox 360, Windows Vista and Zune.  So it's a no-brainer that they'd bring their patented reliability to the self-driving car market with a car powered by their excellent bing search engine.  Check out this promotional video by the great folks at Rooster Teeth to see the bing self-driving car in all its glory.  It just needs Internet Explorer and SmartGlass support, and it would be the greatest car on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment